Today I finally started to catch up on tags. I swear I’ll get to them all! Sometimes I’m hesitant to post certain things because what if I need it for later?? And then I end up not posting anything lol…
I was nominated by Amy @ The Little Book Nerds to do the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you so much for the tag!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog.
2. Answer the questions.
3. Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions.
4. List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post.
1. Do you prefer to read Kindle or physical books?
Physical but I like Kindle when there’s a lot of information or characters because sometimes you can highlight names, and it will tell you a little about what you highlighted.
2. Have you tried audiobooks? If you have, what do you think of them?
Yes, I like them but I usually can’t start one without reading the beginning of the book first. For some reason I retain more of the audiobook if I read the first few chapters.
3. Who’s a blogger you most aspire to? and why.
Ah, I think I’m going to go with Kathy @ Pages Below the Vaulted Sky. I love her content and personality! She’s mostly into fantasy, and I find reading her reviews super dangerous because they always have me wanting to read and buy what she reads.
4. Can you listen to music while reading? If you can what music do you mostly listen to?
Sometimes. I read at the cafe I work at a lot and my boss/friend always has some version of Lofi Hip-Hop Radio playing in the background.
5. If you could give the first half of 2018 a rating, what would you give it?
It’s been a really good year for me ^^. I’m doing things I didn’t think I would be able to do again so 5/5 stars!
6. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Meeting and talking to people. I think this usually happens in the comments for me, but if there are other platforms everyone just chats on let me know haha… I met Sandra @gotathingforthings on Twitter through the #booksfortrade tag and we constantly chat when time zones allow us haha! Such a coincidence, but I’m happy to have made a new friend!
Kind of weird because these take me forever to do, but I also enjoy writing reviews. I feel most proud of myself when I write them because putting your opinions out in public is scary!
7. Have you been to any conventions?
Yes! I went to YALLWEST this year with my mom and it was super fun! I even wrote up a guide for it. I’ve also been to anime conventions including Fanime and Sac-Anime. I’ve been an artist at these conventions, too! ^^
8. If you could give your past self-advice about blogging what would you tell yourself?
Ah, I still consider myself a new blogger so if you’ve got advice for me have at it because I’m still very lost sometimes >.>. But honestly, I think I’d tell past me that being lost isn’t so bad. I kind of wish I had 2-3 reviews written for when I get in blog slumps, though, not gonna lie. Oh! I’d also tell past me that you’re posts will get better and you’ll become more efficient. Still telling myself that today!
9. What time of the day do you normally read the most?
I read throughout the day, really, but probably sometime in the evening between 6PM-9PM.
10. How do you plan out your next blog post out?
I try to use a planner, but I don’t stick to it a lot. But I have a few general processes. For memes I type out the questions, answer them, then add my intro. Then I add the pictures and links. For reviews I start a post as soon as I start the book, then probably half-way into the book I type out some of my notes so I know what direction I’m going in with my review. Doing this let’s me think about what I want to say while starting a new book. This works for me right now, but I’m hoping I can get them out faster later on.
11. How many completed posts does it take for you to say its a ‘good blogging day’?
Ohhh man…a good blogging day for me is when I’ve outlined a couple posts >.>. If I’ve gotten some of my thoughts out, it’s good enough for me lol. I’m working on it! But I usually don’t completely finish a post until the night before, I mean, I usually have the written parts done earlier. It’s the adding the links and pictures and ping backs that I procrastinate on!
1. Where do you get your inspiration to blog?
2. What intimidates you most about blogging?
3. How has blogging changed your life?
4. Can you point me to some of your favorite “hidden gem” bloggers?
5. How personal do you get in your blog posts?
6. What are 2 of your favorite things to do outside of the bookish world?
7. What’s the last book that surprised you?
8. What is one of your favorite bookish memories?
9. What’s the most extreme thing you’ve done related to books?
10. Can you give me and other bloggers 1-2 blogging tips?
11. If you have a blog theme, how and why did you decide on it?
3. Vera @ Unfiltered Tales (lol sorry I know you just did it but planned this before! No pressure!)
Thanks again for the nomination, Amy! And as always, no pressure if you don’t want to do the tag.